Friday, September 11, 2009

it says "sometimes whispering's okay, but maybe you'd feel better if you screamed today"


I sware that I woke up this morning, and before I had fully opened my eyes, I felt this yearning. I was in Connecticut, and it was 6:00 AM. I was barely awake and I just really had that yearning feeling for warmth, for love, for my father, who was asleep downstairs.

And I don't believe in a god or divine force, nor do I believe in destiny, and as much as I'd like to believe in karma, I don't think it works that easily. But I do believe the people can communicate with animals or other humans they're close with, without saying a word or moving an inch or even opening their eyes. I love it when everyone wakes up in the same mood as if the mood's essence was swirling around each room and inserting itself into everyone.

So I woke this morning with a yearning, and Tigger, the cat, came right over and settled herself on my stomach, purring, her purrs rolling of her and through my whole body. I felt full of sadness and love and then I looked outside and it was very gray and everything was bathed in a gray light but everything was so sharply clear, too. Then I realized it was september 11th. Our eighth year since. How could it have been so long ago? How could so many years have gone past yet there be such hurt still there in the wounds of every American?

I was just a little kid back then, and I remember my parents coming to pick my brothers and I up from school and we had to walk about 3 miles home, on our tiny little kid feet. I remember it was sunny and hot that day, and when we got home we had ice cream for being such good kids during a crisis, even though we really had no comprehension of what was happening. In my memories, the day looked as though viewed through a lemon iced tea colored window. Things were slightly warped, and everything was so yellow and hazy. I thought that today, in all it's gloomy clearness, was the perfect day for 9/11.

I now know what It feels like for all the family and friends of those lost in the towers. I know how it is to wake up on this day and be reminded of such terrible losses. I feel such pain for you today, and my thoughts go out to you, the survivors and the victim's family. PLease be well and comforted by other's compassion.

Title Quote: Kimya Dawson, Lullaby for the Taken

No comments:

Where did it go?