Monday, January 12, 2009

Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours

So I had Henna done. Sorry about the graininess (sp?) of the picture, but that's all I could get on iPhoto. It's lovely, isn't it? It doesn't mean anything in particular. Henna is traditionally put on women for their marriage. 
But I prefer to just decorate myself with it. To do henna is fairly simple.  You can buy it in a store in powder form, if you live in NYC, just mosey on down to little india someday. You then at home add honey and lemon juice(sorry for being vague) and make it gloppy. Then sit it by a heater in a covered bowl for a few hours, then add stuff. (really sorry, I didn't make it myself!) then you put it in either the traditional cones, or squeeze bottles. then either rub the skin with lemon/lime juice now, or after your henna is starting to crack. But that's later. You can now just draw the henna on yourself or others, wait a few hours for it to dry, and either rub it off to leave the stain, or wait for it to crumble off it's self. 
this should help more than I did.
Henna-ed out, 
Lola.

Title Quote: I' m Yours Jason Mraz

Where did it go?