Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just close your eyes and then remember The thoughts you've locked away

First off, I would like to say that I am not a stalker. I just want to know, I just wonder. That's what they all say, right? But seriously! It's just this boy, who lives across from me. His window is level to mine, and I see him often, working at his desk, talking on the phone, but most especially playing his guitar. I am curious about him. I wonder how old he is, I wonder what his life is like, the rest of his family, I wonder if he sees me and wonders about my life. Sometimes I just look out the window before I go to bed and zone out with the view of another world right across from me. 

It is a little window(no pun intended)into someone else's life. It may be a small one, but it is ever so interesting. I love to just watch and imagine. Once, the boy's mother came into his room and and saw me looking out my window at them. The shades were drawn for a week. The thing that I find most interesting is the fact that there is no sound. Have you ever listened to music without hearing it? It is the most fascinating thing. Many a night, this boy will take his guitar (electric) and pour his heart into it. You can see his body moving with the music, you can see his hands making it, you can feel the music coursing from him, but there is no sound. It is amazing to see these things, to use only one sense, for that is magnified when all the others are shut off. When you can hear the music as well, you never notice such things, but when you can't there is so much more passion that is seen.

That is what I like best.


Title Quote: Strawberry Switchblade, Since Yesterday

Where did it go?