Thursday, January 15, 2009

Somebody is waiting in the hallway Somebody is falling down the stairs

So here in New York, just a little bit away from me, as many of you might know, a plane has crashed today. In the Hudson river. Read about it. The thing thats scares me most about this is that this could have happened to me. I was first alerted to this by bean, who said her mother had seen it out her window while she was working. Imagine glancing out your window and seeing that! It worries me. And just think, being someone on that plane, just taking off, and then finding yourself splashing down on the hudson. I can't even imagine it. I'm worried that it could happen to me. Even though bean reminds me that I have just the same if not an even greater risk of getting in an accident walking down the street, or in a car, etc., this just scares me.Photo credit:thenewyorktimes.com
To prove the point even more, My old friend just set her IM status to say that her sister could have been on that plane. Her sister was going to Louisiana, and she was scheduled to take the flight after that one. Thank God, or Buddha, or someone/something, that she did not decide to take the earlier flight! That makes you think about all the accident that could have happened to you, if something had only been a little different. It could have been her plane with the trouble.I think it was geese that had caused it. If they had just stopped to get water and rest a few hours longer... well, this might have been the same situation for different people. But thats the way life is, I guess, because if you missed those accidents, other people didn't, and the accidents you might have had, someone else might have missed. It amazes and confuses me about how much you can go into detail about what might have happened, until there are so many trillions of different colored threads just waving around without endings, just sort of frayed off the sides of the Rope of Life.

Title Quote: Making Flippy Floppy, the Talking Heads

Where did it go?