Thursday, January 1, 2009

Life is like the seasons After winter comes the spring

In some of the blogs I read, the writers are writing great posts about the new year, and metaphors and similes and such, which I could do, but, well, I'm too lazy. And no, I don't think I resolve to be less lazy, because I'm too lazy to be less lazy. I don't mind, I'm happy enough being a little lazy. 
But anyways, I didn't want to just present my resolutions because I felt they needed some explanation. Maybe someday when I'm not feeling so lazy I will write a mystical, profound post about the new year and resolutions, but for now, just imagine it. Look, I'm making you be creative! 
If you really want it, I guess I would say that dandelions are a good analogy. They start as a seed, grow thick and bushy and yellow, and then slowly grow fragile and white, blowing away to start over again. And each of those seeds, they could be your resolutions, and depending on whether you keep them or not, or what they are, you land in the new year in a somewhat different place than before. But isn't that what the new year is all about?
My new year's resolutions are to:
1. Try more new activities and not care about what anybody thinks.
2. Work on my handwriting.
3. Worry less about the details, or what every single person could think.
4. Take more baths.(this is not to say that I have bad Hygiene, I take showers daily, it is to say that I enjoy baths more and should take some more often.)
5. Start, and hopefully finish, the navelist bible.(more on that later.)

Now, I am going to put this in an email and set it to send it to myself every month, as a reminder to actually do something this year!

Title Quote: Rickie Lee Jones, Cycles

Where did it go?