Sunday, March 29, 2009

Planets are moving at the speed of light.

President Obama. Well, I do love him, because he's a million times better than Bush, but still, I wonder, how much is he really accomplishing? I know he's working hard and he has so much to fix (it's going to be a hard job after Bush comes through before you) but still, it seems to me that not much is happening. But hold up for a second, because before you start yelling at me about how amazing he is and all and how much he's doing to help the U.S., the world even, I know. And keep in mind that I am only a middle schooler who doesn't have tv. Yes, I read the news and listen to the radio, but I (obviously) do not know the whole story. So, with that said and in mind, here is what I have to say. 
Obama promised, while campaigning, to bring in new, fresh faces to the white house jobs, but instead, he has old people, who, granted, do know how to do their job well, but have also been in this position before and likely will think the same way as before, an look where that got us, right?Then Obama promised to pull the troops out within a certain amount of months, I don't remember how many. But now, he has decided to take it slower, pull them out in a longer number of months, at least 3 more than before. Well, at least he's pulling them out. Or is he? Because I heard on the radio a few days ago that, let's see, Obama has decided to pull troops out of Iraq and into Afghanistan? To pursue Al Qaeda? Isn't that what kept us in this war for so long? Don't you want to end it, not prolong it? Like my father said, though, at least he's searching for him in the right place, unlike Bush. God, to be a soldier and think "finally! I'm coming home!" only to discover that you are actually just being pulled
 out somewhere and placed somewhere else. 
I have more arguments, but now I'm feeling kind of bad about criticizing Obama.  mean, he has a lot on his hands, and He's at least gotten things a little better, whereas if Bush was in his place, he would have only made it worse. I just think maybe he could do a little bit better, but I'm sure he has his reasons.
And last but not least, I have a picture I would like to share, which I find quite funny, which I got from this site. I mean absolutely nothing with it, the least that Obama is like Bush. Just enjoy the genius of it.


Title Quote: Coldplay, Speed of Sound

Where did it go?