Sunday, May 24, 2009

A suspended ring or the mode of laughing Pebbles drawn from a heap

Last night for dinner, I had an amazing meal. We made beet salad with shredded beets, carrots, and apple with a vinaigrette dressing, which was the most beautiful red imagined.

Then, we made quinoa (pronounced keen-wa, it is a grass grain that is very high in protein.) with corn and scallions. It was sweet and crunchy from the corn, chewy and grainy from the quinoa, and fresh and green and slightly savory from the scallions.

Lastly, we had a cucumber pomegranate salad. Thin slices of cucumber on a bed of lettuce sprinkled with pomegranate seeds and crumbled feta cheese, drizzled with a dressing that is smoky and thick and sweet from pomegranate molasses. 

It was light and cool and fresh and filling and just perfect for spring/summer. And then for dessert I had an apricot. I love apricots, I love how they are tiny, I love that beautiful creamy orange milk color on the outside, and the light fuzz that textures its skin. And I love biting in, pulling out the pit, and tasting the slight tang of the outside mix with the sweetness of the inside. Everyone says it's always the first bite that's the best, but I like all of the bites best.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I make you hungry? How about you tell me what you had for dinner last night in the comments. I'd love to know.

Hungrily yours,
Lola

Title Quote: Suzanne Vega, Predictions
Photo Credit: My father, who loves to take pictures of everything, especially food, took the pictures last night.

1 comment:

Lizzela The Human Bean said...

Well, I had Salmon pie. Quite yummy. I'm glad you loved your dinner. Good descriptions.

Where did it go?