Friday, May 22, 2009

Live and learn from fools and from sages

Linkssss!
First off, we have this amazing project from a few years back: Haverhill 2000.  The photographer Chris Darley-Brown, spent many many hours photographing the people of Haverhill, a town in England. Chris took pictures of resident of Haverhill and morphed them together to form faces, from say, all women ages 15-25. He also did one for all residents, male female, young, old. The photographs are startlingly beautiful, flawless, and make you think. So I suggest you head over to check out the people.

Second off, I will introduce the artist Evelien Lohbeck. She has made these amazing films from paper and animation, the most amazing one being her film, "notebook", which shows her going on the computer, searching youtube and watching her videos--but it's all just paper and drawings. I'd say it's worth a few minutes of your time, to just go over there and be amazed.

And then, lastly, is a podcast. And an amazing one at that. Called the Memory Palace, it is just that--a virtual palace full of memories. The host, Nate Dimeo, talks about all sorts of things, from Ben Franklin's death ray, to passenger pigeons, to the international brotherhood of mothers. I assure you, you'll be very fascinated by what he has to say. I just love this sort of thing, because it provides me with so much useless information I couldn't have gone on without. I also have a widget on my igoogle page that tells me random useless facts. There are a lot out there, because not once have they been repeated. It tells me today that Albert Eintein never learned to drive a car. Now thank Buddha I know that; what if I were to have a test on it??? But anyways, back to the Memory Palace. Believe me, it's good. Go see for yourself.

Ok, I've got to get running off now,
Toodles
Lola

Title Quote: Aerosmith, Dream On

No comments:

Where did it go?