Wednesday, November 11, 2009

But has he run to you In those shoes in the rain?

I am water person. I mean, zodiacally, I believe I'm an Earth sign, but though I am close to the Earth, I am water. I love how when you're underwater, feeling intensifies. You can't hear much--and if you keep your eyes closed, see much either, so it's just feeling the water push you and flow you and I just feel so graceful. Like, I know it sounds silly, but like a mermaid, you know? And I feel that too on the ice. I love to skate. Not that I'm very good, nor that I want to be some ballerina figure skater, but when I get on the ice, I start gliding around and faster, and fast, and I'm swaying from side to side and I feel the wind rush through my hair and my feet aren't lifting from the ice, and and and...
I get a feeling as though, if there weren't people, and city, and lights, and cars, and just ice, and more ice, just stretching out like a path, I would just skate and skate and skate and glide along while the trees sing to me, "Lola, Lola." And I would be full of grace. I'm not very graceful on land, never really have felt it. And I don't think I'm especially graceful on ice, either, but at least I think it. Grace--and beauty, that comes with grace. The ice, the shine, the night, the happiness, it shows through. I like it. I think I like the freedom of it. Perhaps it's the closest to flying I can easily get. It would be amazing to fly. But hey, I'm content to stick with swimming and skating, gliding and turning and speeding. Eventually you get tired, but that just means that after you get out, or off, you have another chance to get in again. I think that's a dream of mine: To fly and fly and spin and twist and be the ice, be the water, more often. Ice isn't cold and unfriendly, it's welcoming, supporting, lifting, graceful.

Title Quote: Ill Willed Person, Jaymay

2 comments:

Melli said...

i feel that way 2...about ice and skating...best feeling in the world :)

Persephone said...

dunk!
*presses lola's nose*
dunk da-dunk dunk dunk.

Where did it go?