Monday, December 15, 2008

Do what you want to do And go where you're going to

Susanna-Cole of Girl Meets Nyc recently advised me and other such bloggers about making our blogs as awesome as hers. She said that "in order to make your blog more like mine, make it less like mine."
So that is what I will do, exercise my individuality. I like to think of myself as unique, not weird.
As I told my brother, " use the U word, not the doubleU word."
:)
I know, pretty corny. But I like it.
In other news/revelations,
Last night my dad had two friends over. I expect they were twenty-somethings, but it was hard to tell. They were both from Colombia(yes I spelled it right, its not the college but the place) and their english was a bit weird. I mean, they spoke and understood well enough, but it really interested me that you can talk about all these things, that other people know of, but they don't know the English word for it. Dandelions for example. Their word for it literally translated into "lion's tooth". Also plungers, thistles, and twigs. And they had never had artichokes before, which I guess is not unusual, but I find surprising.
The whole experience really reminded me that everyone is so different, and it made me realize and remember that there are so many cultures and people that I don't know, when here I was, not even considering the fact that practically every single person I know has been brought up knowing the same language and culture that I was brought up knowing!

Title Quote: The Beatles, Think for yourself

Where did it go?