Monday, December 14, 2009

you cease to smell the steel plant after you've been here for awhile

First off, I'm REALLY sorry I haven't blogged for a fortnight (giggle! who can tell me how long that is?). I am basically done with all of the time consuming high school applications though, and now I just have tons of time to sit and worriedly wait. And so blog I will, and make it up to you all. (which happens to be nobody, except my faithful friends of course, though half of these things don't matter to them because they're the people it happened with.) In fact, I feel unsuccessful as a blogger. I feel like it helps ME a lot, but is anyone else really that interested? I love to blog, but I used to be able to blog to no one and be content with telling the interenet. Now, not so much. I don't really know what to do. I don't want this to by my resignation letter, my final post. I promise it won't. But I have a feeling that this blog is winding to a close. I feel like no one else in the world is listening, besides The Wizardess and Flower. And hey, I don't blame you. Who wants to hear abotu my life? As interesting as it is to me, and even maybe to others. if I were you, I would not just go to someone else's website and read them writing about their life.

And that's why I feel like I have to close up this blog. That wouldn't mean I would stop blogging, Good Heavens no! I would just stop on thsi blog. You may have noticed I have ceased to update both my bellybutton blog and Nobody is Home. Maybe I will work on those. And hopefully, I will start a new blog. Bu it needs to have apurpose, a theme. It needs to be something other people will have in common, or find interesting. Not just the general "my life" but something about... well, something. But the problem is, I don't have a lot of ideas. I need to think. I need help with this, and if those anonymous nobodies I wish were reading this are truly there, now is as good as ever to comment and give me an idea for blogging. I was thinking maybe an art project, maybe an interactive project. I don't know. I will continue this blog until I have a new idea. But be warned, be thinking, be it known. This house will not stand much longer.


Title Quote: Ani Difranco, Trickle Down

2 comments:

Mountain Spirit said...

no! don't let potpourri die! it was my inspiration for my blog! this is my blog's mother! :(

and a fortnight is 2 weeks, aka, 14 days. nice use of archaic language :)

Lola Bellybutton said...

it won't die, hon. It will slowly close its eyes and doors and sleep for as long as need be. but its windows will be glass: you can always continue to read. and we've got over a fornight more of it to go, i'm sure ;)

Where did it go?