Friday, August 21, 2009

but I don’t want to write a love song for the world

Everybody: I miss you. Everything: I miss you. I miss you, green trees and murky river blending with the concrete, thriving within our concrete jungle. I miss you, grocery store that is by the corner so you can get your choice ingredients in a second without having to get in a car and drive. I miss you, different people, different faces, different sights, different smells. I miss you, city. I miss you, friends, school, and omn can you believe it Ms. Jones retired!--I miss you family, I miss you home.
(did you know that when I get home from a long trip away, I always greet Home. "Hello, Home!" I say, "Hello, Room!" Even when no one else is there.)
But I love you countryside, I love your space and air and beach and quiet. And I'm scared and excited and angry and so incredibly happy for the new school year and the things it will bring, too.
How can I be so full of contrasting emotions, and so full yet so empty?


Title Quote: Michael Franti and Spearhead, Say Hey

2 comments:

Persephone said...

omn?
my new one is omg- oh my gaia.

Lola Bellybutton said...

good one. omn is oh my non.(atheists rock!)
and its true about ms. jones, btw.

Where did it go?